Sneak preview of my new Leith Hill t-shirt

Now that my house is almost back to normal following almost a years' building work, I've gone and designed a new t-shirt. My printers have pulled out all the stops and it should be with me end this week, beginning of next. Again it is unashamedly Surrey, but for those of us who live and play here, well that's no bad thing....


This one, rather surprisingly, wasn't inspired by the Superdry t-shirts. It came about following a screening of The Karate Kid at our local self defence club. I quite liked the imagery of it all. At the same time I'd been pondering how to promote Leith Hill, and had been looking at ink drawings of mountains done by Arctic explorers way back when. A lot of my t-shirts have featured the, er, mountains of Surrey, and I wanted to continue this theme. Why mountains? For one I used to follow the Tour Du France, and loved all the mountain stages. To me cycles and mountains go together, and I find it hard to split them in my designs.

And what does the text mean? Well given it is a Google translation, it could mean anything..... It is supposed to mean: Where cycling comes alive.

The colours used are a homage to my favourite car ever; the 917 in Gulf oil livery.

It's all very silly and makes no sense. So?
 

Comments