Ride map of Reigate Hill to Box Hill for mountain bikers.

It was all a bit much for poor old me. New to Strava, I'd ride normally for a time, then think"I bet somebody was fatser than me here" and storm off in a mad rush. All a bit pointless really. Some of my times down a trail were fast, but point me uphill and I drop way back down the rankings. So, for me all that Strava is, is a measure of reckless behaviour. Really do need to scale back a bit, and just use it as a measure of a ride, not a measure of my stupidity.

Other than that, it was a grand day out. Slightly hotter than expected, and the route was a little meandering. My notion was to do all the harder sections we have around these parts, and boy did we suffer. Mainly on the alternative route up Boxhill, which was hideous. The rest was fine, and super grippy. Of the Strava thing, my fastest time was achieved trying not to lose face to a group of teenagers doing  a hike through. Slightly ridiculous as this, amongst many corners today, resulted in big (too me) rear wheel slides. Fun yet also slightly out of control. I'm 50, not 18.

Not a huge ride at 40km, yet enough in the heat. Had it been a cooler day, and had not so much energy been wasted in chasing silly times, that a pootle over to Ranmore would normally have been included, as would a Bike Beans coffee. It's a ride that takes in most of what this area has to offer, so a great starting point with which to build on. It can be stretched at will, or constricted to the two halves.


Comments