The friendship cake.

AD's wife gave me one in the playground.

Yes, she gave me one quarter of a "friendship cake" the other day. Now I must admit to looking at her rather oddly at the time. You see what she actually gave me, was a plastic tub full of what looked like badly made wallpaper paste or baby sick - indeed being a father to young children the baby sick option seemed oddly more normal. It came with strict instructions to feed, stir and never to put in the fridge. Right. Nodding sagely I took it thinking "dump asap."

Looking at the ingredients so far added, one suspects it is wallpaper paste or actual sick but I have been assured that at the end it tastes nice. As we are only two thirds into the brewing process, I'll have to let you Dear Reader know in one week's time.... So far an Heston Blumenthal recipe it is not.

Even more weirdly my wife was offered similar at her place of work, so these things are doing the rounds. [And clearly my wife's workmates do not know here well - she needs sat nav to find the kitchen, and once there stands around looking bemused. Her idea of cooking being 0800 PIZZA TO GO.]



Is this actually baby sick?




I'm guessing that you could make your own from scratch using one cup of flour, one cup of sugar and one cup of milk? Or a pint of freshly upchucked baby milk..... Indeed a good CSI operative could possibly extract such from a particular jacket I have, where my daughter lavishly expelled the contents of her stomach onto.

[Just Googled it - you start with: 2 cups flour, 2 cups milk, 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup warm water
2 Tbsp or 2 packets active dry yeast.]

Comments