Small jobs in and around Redhill, Surrey - the little Redhill handyman.

Small household or retail jobs around Redhill, Surrey.

Since my last post I've done some interesting things. Some I'd assumed would not be classed as handyman! And the definition of "Redhill" now seems to include Oxted and Biggin Hill, so I'm happy to travel.
  • Taken on the weekly task of updating the webpage and social media status of a furniture shop in Oxted.
  • Painted the banisters of a house in Redhill.
  • Painted a large table and display cabinet for a house in Tatsfield.
  • Strangest of all, made a face from a dolls head and deer antlers for a client. Yes, really.

I've been asked to paint some door frames, install a damp proof course in a conservatory, do a small amount of plastering, and paint a bookcase to look like an antique fireplace. Wish me luck with that one!


Sanded, undercoat, gloss coat plus Danish oiled

Annie Sloan Paris Grey (still wet before waxing)

Antlers added to a vintage dolls head, some papier mache plus paint.

Phil Jenkins 07577 836145 / surreymuddyground@gmail.com

On another note, both my wife and I were a tad surprised to realise that, ten years ago, I qualified as a Building Surveyor, gaining the degree via the campus at Reading University. Really need to look into updating that one!

My fees are as follows:
  • £20 first half hour, £15 per half hour afterwards.
  • No call out fee for quotes.
  • Day / Weekly rates negotiable.
  • No charge for parking or travel.

Happy to do the following:
  • Interior painting and decorating.
  • Gardening.
  • Small plasterwork repairs. Have in the past managed to repair lath and plaster, so happy to give that a go.
  • Hanging shelves.
  • Painting furniture in either Farrow & Ball or chalk paints. Can apply wax as well - including dark wax effects.
  • Flat pack assembly - and that includes garden sheds.
  • Man and van type delivery work.
  • And of course, general labouring.

Domestic or commercial. Tend to work 9am to 3pm, although consideration given to evenings and weekend work. Fees negotiable.

Do I supply the materials? Can do, although I'm equally happy to use yours. For instance the banisters above. The homeowner started the job, yet got bored half way through, and the job stalled for a year. They'd bought all the materials to do the job, so I used those. This can work out substantially cheaper for you, as can negotiating day rates.

Just a small plastering job to do next.


Comments